Saturday, February 19, 2005

Opening up for browsers

A long time ago, I had a free web site for the Alternatives to Violence Project's volunteers in South Florida. But the "free" part went away, with some loss of stored data (largely unmissed now)--yet also with the loss of all the time and energy I had put into it.

There were no funds for a "real" web site--the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) has only minimal funds from its volunteers, who are often digging deep to carry out the workshops in the state prisons, where they bring in whatever supplies are essential and, if allowed, some refreshments.

Then along came blogging, and I read blogs, and was favorably impressed by some--and then Google started hosting "free" blogging. Waiting was... I watched and learned. Now, I want to play, too. I am ready to re-invest some of that time and energy into an Internet presence primarily for the South Florida volunteers (and perhaps-soon-to-become-volunteers) of Miami AVP.